Microsoft Office SharePoint Server is an integrated suite of server capabilities that can help improve organizational effectiveness by providing comprehensive content management and enterprise search, accelerating shared business processes, and facilitating information-sharing across boundaries for better business insight.
Office SharePoint Server supports all intranet, extranet, and Web applications across an enterprise within one integrated platform, instead of relying on separate fragmented systems. Additionally, this collaboration and content management server provides IT professionals and developers with the platform and tools they need for server administration, application extensibility, and interoperability.
Digital Business has evaluated the requirements of Trinidad and Tobago Government Ministries and has configured specific SharePoint Intranet applications to add value for Government Ministries. The following are the top five (5) applications that we have customized for Government Ministries.
- Records Management: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server has received U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) 5015.2 certification for managing records and documents. Documents can be scanned directly into SharePoint with all associated metadata. (Ideal for Registry)
- Manage Cabinet Notes: Securely manage and search Cabinet Notes with all associated metadata based on individual or group permissions.
- Manage Performance: SharePoint can be used to measure key performance metrics of Public Sector Organizations or at a departmental level such as Human Resources, Information Technology or Safety (Compliance with the OSHA Act).
- Business Intelligence & Knowledge Management: Get the right information to the right people at the right time to enable them to make the best decisions. Develop communities of practices using WIKIs.
- Record Leadership Team Meetings & Minutes: Establish an area for your meetings where you can share the agenda, attendees and meeting documents.